From: Sebastien Fortier (sebastien.fortier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-26 11:47:09

michael_gruner_at_[hidden] wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm new to boost and did sucessfully complete the installation of boost and the boost.python hello world example. However, I'm wondering how to wrap a shared library I get as a binary and a header file to access it. Can anyone point me to any documentation about this?
>
>little example:
>
>I own a library "mylib.dll" and a header file "mylib.h" without any source code for my platform. Now I'd like to build a python wrapper to access this mylib.dll. I already wrote a "mywrapper.cpp" that includes the mylib.h file. But however bjam tries to build a mylib.pyd instead of using just the dll.
>
>can anyone help me with this?
>
>thank you
>
>Michael

I'm not sure if this will help but I had a similar problem.

in the jamfile I had to add a reference to my external library

here is what it looks like...

extension journal_ext # Declare a Python extension called
journal_ext
: src/journal_ext.cpp

    # requirements and dependencies for Boost.Python extensions
       <template>@boost/libs/python/build/extension
: <library-file>/a_path/libboost_log-gcc-1_33_1.so
    ;

--
Sébastien Fortier