From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-28 16:58:36

kfjethro wrote:
> I know that there are probably packages available for this platform
> but for several reasons I need to build Boost 1.33.1 from scratch.

Sorry I missed this posting...

> I have no problems with compiliing from scratch on Ubuntu 6.06.
>
> After unpacking the source files and placing the precompiled bjam
> executable in the boost source directory, I run the following:
>
> cd ./boost_1_33_1
> ./bjam -sTOOLS=gcc –-prefix=/usr/local/boost-1.33.1 install

Is that sequence the same for both U5.10 and U6.06?

What version of bjam (bjam -v) are you using both times?

Have you tried using the latest bjam, instead of using the one that
comes with the 1.33.1 archive?

> My /usr/local/boost-1.33.1 is owned by me and writeable.
>
> Any suggestions ? Thanks.
>
> The truncated bjam output is :
[...]
> * rule stage ( name : sources + : requirements * : local-build * )
> * called with: ( :
[...]
> * missing argument name

Well that mean that somehow it has an empty includedir value. You might
want to work around it by specifying the --includedir option directly.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything