From: Koen Deforche (koen.deforche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-01 09:27:01

Hello,

For a server-client application, I am experimenting with boost::asio and
boost::interprocess -- this is my first intensively boostified project. Since
boost::interprocess is work-in-progress, I am using the CVS version.

I have found some smaller problems (see at the end of my email), but so
far, all works well.

I have noticed that in interprocess, an ipc/named_fifo is planned. I
was wondering
if there will be plans for the asio library to create an asynchronous I/O
service for such a fifo ?

If not, is this feasible ? I did not find any documentation on how to
write a new
io_service in the asio documentation ?

Regards,
koen

1) Timeouts always timed out immediately, which was caused by :

interprocess/sync/ptime_to_timespec.hpp line 29:
   ts.tv_sec = duration.seconds();
should be
   ts.tv_sec = duration.total_seconds();

2) Compile problem in interprocess/errors.hpp, which was solved by :

interprocess/errors.hpp line 86:
   void fill_system_message( int system_error, std::string &str)
should be
   inline void fill_system_message( int system_error, std::string &str)

(probably the same is true for the BOOST_WINDOWS versino on line 65 ?