From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-28 15:05:41

First of all, sorry for being so late. I've just paid no attention to
users mailing list, sorry about that. I promise to stay tuned.

Koen Deforche wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For a server-client application, I am experimenting with boost::asio and
> boost::interprocess -- this is my first intensively boostified project. Since
> boost::interprocess is work-in-progress, I am using the CVS version.
>
> I have found some smaller problems (see at the end of my email), but so
> far, all works well.
>
> I have noticed that in interprocess, an ipc/named_fifo is planned. I
> was wondering
> if there will be plans for the asio library to create an asynchronous I/O
> service for such a fifo ?

I don't know this. For the moment I've even started to implement
named_fifo. It should be easy, though. I also don't know how hard is to
program a service for Asio. The ability to plug new events in asio would
very interesting, for example, as unique wait point for all process
asynchronous events (thread, network, file...).

Regards,

Ion

> 1) Timeouts always timed out immediately, which was caused by :
>
> interprocess/sync/ptime_to_timespec.hpp line 29:
> ts.tv_sec = duration.seconds();
> should be
> ts.tv_sec = duration.total_seconds();

Current cvs has this solved,It was already in cvs. Thanks.

> 2) Compile problem in interprocess/errors.hpp, which was solved by :
>
> interprocess/errors.hpp line 86:
> void fill_system_message( int system_error, std::string &str)
> should be
> inline void fill_system_message( int system_error, std::string &str)
>
> (probably the same is true for the BOOST_WINDOWS versino on line 65 ?

Already solved in cvs.