From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-15 01:00:38

At 05:48 2006-08-13, David Abrahams wrote:
>"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> writes:

> approximately?
> >>
> >>Nope. We're working on clearing away the regressions. You can watch the
> >>progress here:
> >>http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/de
> veloper/issues.html
> >>(regressions are red squares). Note however that the msvc-8 failures
> >>are because of an installation mistake on the tester's part.
> >
> > you wanna be so kind as to EXPLAIN the mistake I made??
>
>No, I don't. These were from Sean Wang's results, and the MSVC
>installation mistake was immediately apparent from looking at the
>error messages (now fixed so you can't see it).

Apologies. Given that there are exactly TWO msvc-8.0 testers (I
didn't know a new one had shown up) and I couldn't find anything
particularly different in my setup for several months it seems
reasonable to believe the message was about _my_ testing setup.

> > I haven't touched that bzip junk in ages?
>
>Don't know what that means.

well, if you looked at some of the red squares under
RudbekAssociates msvc-8_0 and drill down iostreams it would be
pellucidly clear.

> > IMO the mistake is in the way the scripts are updated and the fact
> > that you guys NEVER mention that the testers must do somehting to
> > accomodate the fact that you developers seem incapable of creating a
> > "hands off" testing system.
>
>Calm down, Victor. Boost can't be expected to be responsible for
>making it easier for anyone to correctly install development tools not
>provided by us.

Are you implying that the boost test and regression system is NOT
provided by boost? Hmmm.