From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-13 07:48:22

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> writes:

> At 08:48 2006-08-11, David Abrahams wrote:
>><james.jones_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>> > Does anyone know when 1.34.0 is going to be released? Even approximately?
>>
>>Nope. We're working on clearing away the regressions. You can watch the
>>progress here:
>>http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/issues.html
>>(regressions are red squares). Note however that the msvc-8 failures
>>are because of an installation mistake on the tester's part.
>
> you wanna be so kind as to EXPLAIN the mistake I made??

No, I don't. These were from Sean Wang's results, and the MSVC
installation mistake was immediately apparent from looking at the
error messages (now fixed so you can't see it).

> I haven't touched that bzip junk in ages?

Don't know what that means.

> IMO the mistake is in the way the scripts are updated and the fact
> that you guys NEVER mention that the testers must do somehting to
> accomodate the fact that you developers seem incapable of creating a
> "hands off" testing system.

Calm down, Victor. Boost can't be expected to be responsible for
making it easier for anyone to correctly install development tools not
provided by us.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting