From: Rush Manbert (rush_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-23 16:12:59

Hi All,

This has been discussed before, but I can't find an answer, so here is
another bjam build question.

When I build the Boost libraries using the VC8 toolset on the PC, I
create thread safe (-mt) versions of the libraries.

When I build the Boost libraries on Darwin, there are never any thread
safe library versions built, even if I specify
"-sBUILD=<threading>multi" on the bjam command line. I have found
threads that discuss use of the thread safe version of the regex lib, so
I know that it exists and gets built on some platform(s).

Why are there no thread safe libraries built for the Darwin toolset? On
the surface, this seems like a bug, but I figure there must be some
reasonable explanation. (Oh, please, let there be a reasonable
explanation! :-)

Regards,
Rush