From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-27 07:43:47

Andriy Tylychko ha escrito:

> Hi.
>
> Several question, slightly unrelated:
>
> 1) To read the last version of documentation I go to
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/index.html. But this list
> counts only 15 libraries. Next, going to
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/libraries.html, we see the
> same list of 15 libraries with sub-links, but just after
> that "Libraries Listed Alphabetically" contains already
> much more libraries. Just a bug?

The page http://www.boost.org/doc/html/index.html contains
those Boost libs which are documented using a tool called
BoostBook. Not all Boost libs are documented with BoostBook;
the complete list can be obtained at:

http://boost.org/libs/libraries.htm

which is where you get to from the main Boost page link
"Documentation".

As to http://www.boost.org/doc/html/libraries.html, this
BoostBook-produced page attempts to list every library in
Boost, be it documented with BoostBook or not, but in fact
it's missing some entries, so you better rely on the link
I give above. I don't know if this lack of some entries must
e categorized as a bug or as an unmaintained spot to be
removed.

> 2) Where can I see documentation of "coming soon" boost
> 1.34? Especially documentation for new libraries... I
> tried to find it in CVS, but in
> http://boost.cvs.sourceforge.net/boost/boost/doc/html/ I
> didn't find even "index.html".

Using the CVS web browser, go to libs/libraries.htm under
the branch RC_1_34_0:

http://boost.cvs.sourceforge.net/boost/boost/libs/libraries.htm?
view=log&pathrev=RC_1_34_0

There you can find the complete list of all libraries coming
into Boost 1.34. If you're interested in new libraries,
go to the main index.htm under RC_1_34_0:

http://boost.cvs.sourceforge.net/boost/boost/index.htm?
view=log&pathrev=RC_1_34_0

Also, Boost Consulting kindly hosts the entire Boost site
in its current CVS form at

http://boost-consulting.com/boost/

It is the main trunk of the CVS that is published here,
which strictly speaking does not have to be the same as
RC_1_34_0 (for instance, it may contain material scheduled
for 1.35) for in general differences are few.

> Why some new libraries
> already have nice documentation, but this documentation
> cannot be found in logical (?) locations (ASIO e.g.,
> http://boost.cvs.sourceforge.net/boost/boost/libs/asio/doc/
> is empty)?

ASIO has not yet been integrated into Boost. I guess it'll
be by Boost 1.35.

> 3) What is the easiest way (better "what is the right
> place") to investigate with libraries (and their docs) that
> are planned for inclusion to boost 1.34?

Hopefully answered above.

> Thank you in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Andriy Tylychko,