From: Minkoo Seo (minkoo.seo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-30 08:46:28

Hi.

I enjoy boost library these days, and really appreciate it.

However, sometimes, I found it very hard to even compile a program that uses
boost libraries. As an example, serialization library needs
libboost_serialization.so.

Hence, I have to compile a program like the following:
g++ -lboost_serializatino foo.cpp

Nevertheless, AFAIK, nowhere in the document, how to compile a program is
not presented. Some of the docs even mention the header file. I don't know
why this is so common in the documentation of boost, and I think mentioning
how to compile will be very useful for users.

So, please, please put some 'how to compile' section especially if the
library needs -lxxx_library flag.

I really thank boost developers' time and efforts.

Sincerely,
Minkoo Seo

Sent from the Boost - Users forum at Nabble.com.