From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-30 09:01:17

Minkoo Seo wrote:
> I enjoy boost library these days, and really appreciate it.
>
> However, sometimes, I found it very hard to even compile a program that uses
> boost libraries. As an example, serialization library needs
> libboost_serialization.so.
>
> Hence, I have to compile a program like the following:
> g++ -lboost_serializatino foo.cpp
>
> Nevertheless, AFAIK, nowhere in the document, how to compile a program is
> not presented. Some of the docs even mention the header file. I don't know
> why this is so common in the documentation of boost, and I think mentioning
> how to compile will be very useful for users.
>
> So, please, please put some 'how to compile' section especially if the
> library needs -lxxx_library flag.
>
> I really thank boost developers' time and efforts.

Hi,

Recently, I also meet similar problem and had troubles with figure
out what Boost library requires linking and what is headers-based.

Following table may help in this:
http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html#auto-link
but some additional building details in per-library docs
would be much more helpful

So, I'd like to vote for Minkoo's suggestion.

Hmm, or it's already documented but we've not found it yet?

Cheers

--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net