From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-29 05:26:01

Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Yes, you can redistribute only the headers you need.
>
>> I guess if we added the boost license and stated that those
>> headers lived under that license that might be ok?
>
> Add the Boost license file to the distribution as the license mentions.
>
>> Or does the license not permit to distribute any part of boost but only
>> the whole shebang?
>
> You can distribute any part you like.
>
>> Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!
>
> Your welcome...usual disclaimers apply about not being a lawyer apply, but
> there's no doubt that the intent of the Boost license is to allow for
> redistribution of part or whole.

Thanks Jeff.

Issue for the future: inasmuch as we moderators really shouldn't be
answering legal questions like this one, I'd like very much to know
why these answers aren't clear from
http://boost.org/more/license_info.html. IMO, just to be on the safe
side, we should always point people at that page, and if they are
still asking questions, we should point them at a lawyer.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting