From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-29 02:49:58

Moritz Moeller wrote:
> Hey,
>
> we like to use some of the smart pointer stuff in Liquid
> (liquidmaya.sf.net). However, we like to avoid a boost dependency as
> that stuff is just headers.
> We were thus wondering if there were any problems if we included the
> resp. headers with the Liquid source. Liquid is released under the MPL.
> Rather surprisingly, none of us liquid developers has a background in
> law. :> Hence we are unsure if the boost license permits distributing
> the headers.

Yes, you can redistribute only the headers you need.

> I guess if we added the boost license and stated that those
> headers lived under that license that might be ok?

Add the Boost license file to the distribution as the license mentions.

> Or does the license not permit to distribute any part of boost but only
> the whole shebang?

You can distribute any part you like.

> Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!

Your welcome...usual disclaimers apply about not being a lawyer apply, but
there's no doubt that the intent of the Boost license is to allow for
redistribution of part or whole.

Jeff