From: Michael Marcin (mike_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-09 17:26:00

Hi,

I'm using a few day old RC_1_34_0 from cvs.

In boost\function\function_base.hpp I get a warning message that is
quite annoying so I went in to remove it.

The thing is I don't understand what it is complaining about.
It gives this warning message:

boost/function/function_base.hpp(287) : warning C4189: 'out_functor' :
local variable is initialized but not referenced

But the code is:

functor_type* out_functor =
               reinterpret_cast<functor_type*>(&out_buffer.data);
    // Some compilers (Borland, vc6, ...) are unhappy with ~functor_type.
out_functor->~Functor();

which looks a lot like it is referencing out_functor to me.. can this
warning be disabled

This warning shows up in several places like when compiling program
options source. Although we don't have a strict 0 warning policy the
simple line:

boost::signal< void () > g_signal;

generates a 83 line warning message for me which makes it much more
difficult to glance at the output window and find helpful warnings.

Thanks,

Michael Marcin