From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-13 11:29:40

I would be curious to see your particular case. The fact that different archives give problems that seem related to nesting depth suggest along with the fact that this hasn't been reported suggests that there is some sort of use case or error which hasn't been considered.

Robert Ramey
  "Reusser, Edward" <Edward.Reusser_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:5E916BAE1732F344BAFD713DF2373479016EA059_at_SV-MSG-01.amer.actel.com...
  I am using the serialization library in boost 1.33.1. I am compiling on windows using the VC 7.1 compiler.

  The problem I am having is that when I use xml_iarchive and xml_oarchive, everything works just fine for simple cases, but if the xml gets very deep ( same exact class hierarchy, just more data organized a little more complexly) I am getting runtime stack overflow crashes in the spirit parser. I figured I could solve that by simply substituting text_iarchive and text_oarchive. Please note that I am simply substituting in these archive types instead of using the xml archive headers, which work. There are no other code changes anywhere.

  Now I am getting the following compiler error:

  \boost\mpl\eval_if.hpp(40) : fatal error C1204: compiler limit : internal structure overflow

  Any suggestions? I can try increasing the stack size of my current application to eliminate the xml runtime stack overflow problem, but I am uneasy doing this until I understand how to calculate the stack sizes required, and why it is happening. Furthermore, I would prefer using the text archives, since the data is more compact than the xml ones.

  Ed Reusser

  Principal Software Engineer

  Actel Corporation

  (408) 318-4972

  The information contained in or attached to this email may be subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce, or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), administered by the U.S. Department of State, and may require an export license from the Commerce or State Department prior to its export. An export can include a release or disclosure to a foreign national inside or outside the United States. Include this notice with any reproduced portion of this information.