From: Joshua Stewart (JStewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-20 23:15:26

I have a static lib that uses boost/regex.hpp. (boost version 1.33.1)

However when I want to use my static lib and link into a separate
executable project, I have to specify the

libboost_regex-vc71-mt-gd-1_33_1.lib

as an input library for the executable project, so that it can link
correctly with the static lib. Otherwise I get linking errors.

One solution might be to make my static lib a dll... but this is not on
the cards at the moment.

The boost headers on some systems will make use of a #pragma to do this
linking for you.

I thought that if I added

#include <boost/regex.hpp>

To a header in my executable project, that boost would automatically
identify and link against the correct boost .lib and my static lib would
link without errors also.

I am trying to find a nice way that I can use boost in a static lib
project in visual studio 2003, and then link that in a separate project
without needing to specify to specific boost .lib that the static lib
requires.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Josh

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Immersive Technologies Pty. Ltd. does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.