From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-20 21:28:53

MikeW wrote:
> Hughes, James <jhughes <at> linx.co.uk> writes:
>
>> This is the command line I used to build boost using Bjam for an arm
>> platform, not sure if that helps with what you need, but here it is
>> anyway!!
>>
>> bjam
>> "-sGCC_ROOT_DIRECTORY=/opt/montavista/mobilinux/devkit/arm/iwmmxt_le"
>> "-sGCC=iwmmxt_le-gcc" "-sGXX=iwmmxt_le-g++" stage
>>
>> Stage is the folder in which all the libs are placed, other parameters
>> should be self explanatory.
>>
>> James
>
> Thanks, but boost_1_33_1 is distributed with a 'configure' file,
> and it should be possible to set options on this to get a cross-build.

What makes you think it "should be possible"? The configure script is
just a thin shell around the bjam commands. And by thin I mean it does
not support all, or even many, of the build options possible when using
bjam directly. Although technically you could setenv all the above
variables James mentions, and then run configure+make.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything