From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 03:55:00

Ovanes Markarian wrote:
> Now I really think, there must be email servers inbetween, which
> simply log the sender and put them to the spamming lists.
We had this discussion a few months ago.
In short, the easiest way to get at your e-mail address is to simply
register with the boost list, and then have a bot listening and
collecting. It's pretty much the same thing that some list archives do.
You can't really prevent it, either. Unlike spammers, such accounts
don't really make their presence known. Should all accounts that just
listen and never post be banned?

If you know a solution, I'm sure everyone would be very grateful, but I
don't think there is one.

Sebastian Redl