From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 04:56:47

Well,

I googled for my name and found on the first page an entry from the boost archive at Gmane:

>From: Ovanes Markarian <om_boost <at> xxx.xxx> Subject: [mpl::map] pregeneration of ... Is there
smth, that I miss? With Kind Regards, Ovanes Markarian.

To parse the string: <om_boost <at> xxx.xxx> is really silly and can be easily done with your
regex lib.

With Kind Regards,

Ovanes Markarian

On Thu, December 7, 2006 10:31, John Maddock wrote:
> Sebastian Redl wrote:
>> Ovanes Markarian wrote:
>>> Now I really think, there must be email servers inbetween, which simply log the sender and put
them to the spamming lists.
>> We had this discussion a few months ago.
>> In short, the easiest way to get at your e-mail address is to simply register with the boost
list, and then have a bot listening and collecting. It's pretty much the same thing that some
list archives do. You can't really prevent it, either. Unlike spammers, such
>> accounts don't really make their presence known. Should all accounts that just listen and never
post be banned?

> In addition the Boost mailing list is available via a newsgroup bridge, and gets archived on the
web, indexed by Google etc (although I confess a Google search for your address didn't show
anything up). As Sebastian has already said, these spammers are cunning folks whow really will
stop at nothing to get these addresses :-(