From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-08 13:37:46

Hmmm - two days! - reading the docs would take a lot less than that. The
rationale gives a detailed explanation of how much time you could lose from
not being aware of some subtle issues regarding tracking. Also, the stack
trace points to a comment in the code which describes the issue. With VC
8.0 all it takes is a double click on the error message in the stack trace
to bring up the associated code.

So, I'm sorry you had to spend so much time on this. Hopefully, this
excersize wil save much more
pain in the future.

Robert Ramey
"Miguel Silvestre" <msilvestre_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
Thanks a lot!

A simple const in the save function resolved all my troubles :S. How could
it be???
I was in two days just beating my head over the wall :P

On 1/8/07, Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
Robert Ramey wrote:
> Miguel Silvestre wrote:
>
>>Ok!
>>I'm starting to freaking out, because I just can't figure it out some
>>compilation errors when trying to use the boost serialization library.
>

> Try looking at the "rationale" section of the documentation which
> describes
> the issues related to serialization of non-const data.

Please change the serialization library s.t. one can serialize non-const
data.

This problem reappears again and again for users, *even for experienced
users*.

Then provide a macro a la BOOST_SERIALIZATION_STRICT_CONSTNESS_REQUIRED
for those who want the current behavior.

cheers

Thorsten