From: Stephen Turner (sturner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-09 07:31:58

> Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:25:24 -0500
> From: "Eric Yankowitz" <nnews_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: [Boost-users] Support for extended Daylight Saving Time in
> 2007
>
> Been trying to find information describing boost's level of
> support for the
> four week Daylight Saving Time extension in the US that will
> occur this
> March.
> (http://geography.about.com/cs/daylightsavings/a/dst.htm), I haven't
> been able to find very much. A lot of software is having
> issues and was
> wondering if Boost was ready for the event?
>
> Was able to find these links, which suggested issues:
>

> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14717
> 23&group_id=7586&atid=207586
>

> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14786
> 19&group_id=7586&atid=207586
>
> Any idea if these are being resolved? And if any others exist?

Eric,

I'm a new user of this code, so take everything I say with the appropriate
amount of caution, but I have looked into this question a little.

My conclusion is that the date_time library is still shipping with the old
timezone rules at the moment. It's easy to change the date_time_zonespec.csv
file to use the new rules instead (you can do that yourself, and I assume
that the official version will do it soon too). However, at the moment the
code doesn't seem to support different timezone rules for different years,
so once you've changed it, you're out of luck if you want to look up times
in 2006. See my previous post about this subject at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/23837

Hope that helps,

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK   http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"The internet is a reflection of our society. If we do not like what we see,