From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-17 02:14:29

-----Original Message-----
From: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] on behalf of Chris Uzdavinis
Sent: Tue 1/16/2007 9:30 PM
To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Bind] arity of arbitrary object

On 1/16/07, Sohail Somani <s.somani_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Ok the incomplete type was because there was no specialization of
> _bi::value<T> which occurs when the user actually supplies a value. Does
> this solve the problem then?

Thanks, that is pretty clever! I was, however, holding onto a little
hope that the solution would have been a little easier or
straight-forward. Utilizing implementation details like that makes me
simultaneously smile and cringe. Watching this discussion unfold has
been rather enlightening. My thanks to you and Peter.

You're welcome. Of course using implementation details like that totally sucks. But without a canned solution, what do you do? I think if you write a small python script to generate the required partial specializations, it wouldn't be so much work for a lot of gain.

I think maybe boost::function, boost::bind and boost::lambda all could stand from partially specializing some of the traits in the function_types library.

Sohail

PS: I don't mind having a shot at converting list0..N to using fusion::tuple, if someone is interested