From: Wolfgang Hottgenroth (woho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-24 10:22:04

Hi,

first of all: many thanks to Ion, it was very helpful.

But here is my next problem: Can I and how can I increase the size of a
shared memory segment?

I've my map<string, string> successfully put into shared memory, but at
the moment I have to give the size of the segment when creating it

 boost::interprocess::managed_shared_memory
segment(boost::interprocess::create_only, "MySharedMemory" ,65536);

Is there a way to increase this size? I don't want to start with say
10M, but under certain circumstances I might require 10M.

There is a truncate method in shared_memory_object. Is there something
similar for managed_shared_memory? Or is managed_shared_memory a
shared_memory_object? Or is there a way to configure a
managed_shared_memory object to increase automatically if required?

Thanks,
Wolfgang