From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-24 10:50:53

--- Chris Weed wrote:
> I don't think this is what he means by 8.24
> fixed-point. I think he is looking for
> representing a number by 8 bits to the left
> of the decimal, and 24 bits after the decimal,
> thus creating a special 32-bit number format.

Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification.

> I suspect you could use this library to do what
> you want, but I think you would need a way to
> convert the MPL::Math floating-point
> representation to your representation. It has
> been a while since I looked at the code, but I
> recall that MPL::Math is essentially an
> implementation of IEEE floating-point
> representation in a templated class.

The boost::mpl::math::double_ metatype implements the
64-bit double-precision format specified by IEEE 754.
If there is enough interest, a future version of
MPL.Math will include a boost::mpl::math::float_
metatype that implements the 32-bit single-precision
format.

                              Cromwell D. Enage

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front