From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-27 14:58:09

D Garvey wrote:

> As far as I'm aware I'm using pretty much a default ubuntu installation
> with gcc 4.1.2.
>
> After compiling bjam from sources, using
> these<http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/jam/building.html>instructions,
> and running the tests, I get the following failures:
>
> root_at_---------:/usr/local/src/boost/tools/jam/test# sh test.sh
>> --- Testing SHELL builtin...
>> --- Testing W32_GETREGNAMES builtin...
>> --- Testing var expansion...
>> --- Testing var on target semantics...
>> --- Testing var expansion...
>> var_expand.jam:14: error: [FAILED] (==) ''
>> var_expand.jam:17: error: [FAILED] (==) ''
>> --- Complete: PASSED(21) *FAILED(2)*

I see this too. Rene, var_expand.jam is written by you. Do you
have a chance to look at this failure?

> The output from the compilation is below (it seems to work, even with the
> lists of warnings):
>
> root_at_hallah:/usr/local/src/boost/tools/jam# cd src | sh ./build_dist.sh
>> ../../../Jamfile.v2:335: in load-aux
>> rule path.glob-tree unknown in module Jamfile</usr/local/src/boost>.

I don't get those errors. Do you have up-to-date tree? Is this CVS HEAD
or RC_1_34_0? Do you have any other version of Boost.Build? Like a
version installed from Ubuntu package somewhere in /usr/share/boost-build?
You mention you get the same message when building other boost libraries,
can you add

        --debug-configuration

to bjam options when building any library and send the output?

- Volodya