From: John Christopher (jcxxr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-27 16:03:14

Hi,

The reason I asked is that while I have been using
>> std::string a;
>> std::wstring b( a.begin(),a.end());
>> std::string c(b.begin(),b.end());
for a while now, I have started wondering if I was not shooting myself in
the foot without knowing... I am no Unicode expert and Boost facilities in
that area would certainly give me some confidence. Boost is nice also
because codes are visited by skilled and experienced programmers and I am
glad to benefit from that... :) More generally, I am still struggling on
which string class I should use: std::string, std::wstring, some custom
class... Tobias, just like everybody I guess, I do share the idea that a
boost::unicode would be a really nice addition.