From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-02 01:51:43

Manuel Jung wrote:

> My program uses a thread group for handling threads. these are joined, when
> the program ist killed,

What exactly do you mean by "killed"?
How do you tell a thread that it should end?

> which should happen not so often, because its used
> to be a daemon.
> Most time it works just as expected. but sometimes after running the program
> for some minutes and after creating a bunch of threads the function
> thread_group::create_thread() locks.

What do you mean by "it works as expected" ?

What exactly happens in which order?
Starting the program & Creating the threads then running for some minutes?

or

Starting the program then waiting then creating some threads?

or

Starting & creating then waiting the stopping (the threads) later
creating another set of threads ?

> Is this possible? i think it shoulnt
> lokc, but it does.

Why do you think it shouldn't?

> Im sorry, i cannot show you code cause its closed source and its a liddle
> bit too big and also works most of the time.

Usually you will get better help if you try to strip down your code,
until you find a small enough example that has the same behaviour than
yours. Even if you would post your code I suspect you wouldn't found
many here which will help to debug it for free under these circumstances.

> I hope a answer to this question will allready help fixing.

Please try again to restate your question.
And please also specify some of the more common things too:
Used boost version, platform, compiler, ....

Thank you,
Roland