From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-04 04:23:41

Mangal wrote:
> Thanks John.
>
> This may not be the best place to post this question.
> When trying to build regex in the IDE( Visual studio 2005) the import
> library for the dll is not being created.
> I have checked in the IDE settings that import library name should be
> overriden to the name that I want.
> Any help is appreciated.

That happens if no symbols are exported from the dll: make sure
BOOST_REGEX_DYN_LINK is defined when building as a dll (and in the app that
will be linking to it as well).

BTW, unless you really need a dll (calling the regex lib from multiple dll's
for example) you will get smaller code size from static linking.

John.