From: Raiko Albrecht (ralbrecht_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-12 09:43:00

Hi,

since a while I always get this any-cast error when using program_options
with type "std::string".

to check it out I'd modified the simple example from boost for
program_options a little bit (checking if any_type as it works - does,
inserted a string-parameter).

Compiling, starting with "--log astring" -> crash. starting without works at
expected. (See appended source file)

System is Debian etch, X86_64, gcc 4.1.2 20061115
boost: tried with debian package and self build variant.

question now is: why? what may I do? As far as I remember on a unstable
32bit with gcc 4.0 it did work, but not sure if I got it running on a 64
bit system later.

Hope for help

Rajko