From: Darren Garvey (lists.drrngrvy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-13 21:35:23

Hi,

I was wondering about tcp::iostreams. I need to have the ability to write
code like:
obj<< "Hello world"
and at intervals (of size) have a header attached and then have it written
to an open socket.

I have been looking into Boost.Iostreams to do this, but I was wondering if
rather than implementing the whole streambuf/sink, I could just create a
filtering_streambuf (naming convention taken from Boost.Iostreams) - which
would attach the header when needed - and just instantiate a tcp::iostream
object with that streambuf.

I'm still very foggy on the Iostreams library - and streams/buffers in
general - but does that sound like it could work?

Sorry about the vagueness,

Darren