From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-17 14:56:59

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Manuel Jung <gzahl_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Sábado, Febrero 17, 2007 8:07 pm
Asunto: Re: [Boost-users] [multi_index] SIGABRT in
multi_index_containerconstructor
Para: boost-users_at_[hidden]

> Hi,
>
> I think something ist bad about the SAFE MODE or INVARIANT
> CHECKING. With them active, i have some trouble with other
> variables and containers of my programm. e.g. with a
> curlpp::Multi and even with a std::list. If i switch these
> Scripts of everything works fine.
> when they were switched on, the size() member didnt work
> for example. I dont know about the library that much but it
> seems there is some bug in the SAFE MODE scripts.
> :-(
>
> Greetings
> Manu

Hello Manu,

Unfortunately, your mere statement of the problem doesn't
provide me with enough information to try to discern
whether there's really an issue with Boost.MultiIndex or
if the problem lies somewhere else. I'd need a reproducible
test case to work with, and I understand you're not in
the position to produce one. Of course there can be
a bug in the implementation of safe mode or invariant
checking modes --I just can't know from the evidence you
presented.

I would like to ask you for a last favor: Maybe you could
download a snapshot of the future Boost 1.34 release from

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost/snapshot/boost-RC_1_34_0.tar.bz2

and see what's the outcome with this? There are some safe
mode-related bugs fixded in this version, though none of
them looks like having to do with your problem at first
sight. But if you only could give it a try...

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo