From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-18 00:15:46

On 2/17/07, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> There is one thing that annoys me about this. That is the usage
> of the word "oven" presumbly as some sort of play on the
> word "range". For some reason I find this irksome - it sort
> of trivializes the work and jars the brain. BTW I have the same
> complaint about names such as "spirit", "phoenix" and "fusion".
> They don't mean anything and don't add anything.

Agreed. (in general - I don't mean to pick on 'oven' in particular).
As much as I actually like the homour and the extra level of thinking
that it forces onto my brain, it does make things confusing for the
non-english.

I don't mind fusion so much though - it does have some meaning (as the
fusion of compile time and runtime). And it so generic that it is
hard to name well.

- Tony