From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-05 11:33:21

Hmmm - I'm wondering why you wouldn't use the seriailzation libary for this.

Here is the scenario:

take a program which uses program options. Add one more option e.g -i<file
name>

On startup, check for -i switch. If switch isn't used, process options and
store
them in a class intance. On program shutdown, save class instance toa file
using serialization. If swith IS used, just load class instance from file
using
serialization.

Seems to me that the two libraries complement each other in this case.

Robert Ramey