From: Norbert Unterberg (nunterberg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-09 06:52:44

Ovanes Markarian schrieb:

> I got the HEAD revision from CVS and successfully compiled required libraries. One of the required
> libs is program_options. I have variations of the compiled lib with a name as:
>
> boost_program_options-vc-mt-1_35.lib
>
> When I try to recompile my code I get a linking error stating:
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_program_options-vc80-mt-gd-1_35.lib'
>

> My question is: Why is compiler still looking for libboost_program_options-vc80-mt-gd-1_35.lib? Do
> I have to change some config files? If yes, which?

The boost_*.lib files are the import libraries to use the boost DLLS.
The libboost_*.lib files are the libraries for static linking.

The default is that the boost libraries are statically linked. If you
#define BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK then the DLL versions will be linked.

If you #define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB then the automatic linking is disabled,
and you have to specify the boost libraries in the linker command line.

All these defines can be configured in <boost/config/user.hpp>

Norbert