From: Aljaz (aljaz.fajmut_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 16:15:00

Hello

Is there any example how to use boost::iostream mapped_file ?
I couldnt find any..

Which are the reasons that should make me consider using mapped_file stream?
I want to read my text file as fast as possible (not all at once) - it
should be seekable..

I know I should open file in binary mode and do read() to fixed size blocks
to achieve the best preformance, but then I would have problems separating
lines (I was consider using tokenizer but it would require stl data type so
I would have to copy data).

Is it possible to solve this problem with using boost::iostream filter so
that it would be faster than getline()?

Any help is highly appreciated!
Thank you very much
Aljaz