From: Berenguer Blasi (bblasi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-14 12:34:49

C++ - STL & Shared memoryYeah,

it took me ages to get it right!

You can use the old shmem (now improved and renamed interprocess) +
multiindex with hashed indexes for fixed memory
mapping of shared memo segments.

If you can't afford fixed memo address then what I did is use old shmem (or
new interprocess) and come up with my own implementation of a hash table
with offset_ptrs.

The proper thing though would be to make multiindex offset_ptr aware by the
use of 'proper' memo allocators. That would be fantastic.

Cheers