From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-13 12:40:22

Vladimir Prus wrote:

>> People want us to record all the sessions and make them available. That
>> means collection permission from each presenter.
>
> I'm not sure. I think having one talk recorded is clearly better than having
> zero talks recorded.

We'll see, some might be recorded. We live in a world of cheap technology --
people are running around with recording gear. That's different from the
program committee taking explicit steps to ensure that all the sessions are
recorded.

> Why? If you just happened to lease a recording equipment to the speaker,
> who used it to record his talk and publish it on this personal site, you're
> not responsible for anything. It's just without recording equipment available,
> most speakers won't bother to do it themself.

> I see you've made up your mind that it's too much effort, which is your decision,
> but it's a pity anyway.

Not just me...it's the program committee. Like Boost itself we're working
with volunteer labor -- we simply don't have infinite cycles to do everything.
     To date we've been over-extended in my view.

Jeff