From: Paul Giaccone (paulg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-19 05:06:59

Graham Reitz wrote:

> This is probably a little out of scope but I am hoping that someone
> has gotten this to work.
>
> A code line like this:
>
> boost::filesystem::path working_path_a(
> boost::filesystem::current_path() );
>
> ...causes vstudio 2005 intellisense to stop working. It says this 'No
> additional Information Available' at the bottom.
>
> Anything before that line and intellisense works fine and anything
> after it doesn't.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. As a relatively new user to
> boost having this feature really helps out.
>
> Thanks,
> Graham

Intellisense is a misnomer (/pace/ Bill Gates) in my opinion, as it is
not intelligent and sometimes makes no sense. I find that it fails to
find members of elements of an array of class instantiations. For example:

    class MyClass
    {
    public: //for the sake of example
       int member;
    };

    MyClass x;
    MyClass y[10];

    x.member = 1;
    y[0].member = 2;

Typing the dot after the x will suggest "member", but Intellisense fails
to do so when you type "y[0].", I seem to recall.

So I'm sorry to say that I think this might be an Intellisense issue
rather than a Boost one. I hope someone can say otherwise, but sometimes
Intellisense isn't up to the job and you have to type things out by hand.

Or have I misunderstood? Are you saying that Intellisense stops working
altogether when you use filesystem::path, and then refuses to work on
any other code that you type in?