From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-27 15:41:16

If you have BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in a header file, doesn't that cause the
same problems? If this is what your checkins would fix, then that's
understandable.

However, this still doesn't help with class templates since you can't
know ahead of time what parameters to instantiate the templates with.

> My recommendation is to make a library which instantiates
> all your classes's serialize functions with all the archives
> you're going to use. Then link against this library.

I am starting to lean towards centralizing all the serialization logic
rather than having it local to the relevant classes as you suggest. I
prefer locality for obvious reasons. But maybe such a cross-cutting
concern should be in a single place. Any thoughts (from serialization
users even?)

Thanks,

Sohail