From: John Pye (john.pye_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 22:00:15

Hi all,

Is there such a thing as a binary for Boost under MinGW? As far as I can
tell, the correct way to get started with Boost on MinGW is to download
the .EXE installer, unpack to c:\Boost, then run

bjam "-sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=c:\MinGW" "-sTOOLS=mingw" install

I found that this didn't install the libraries where I expected, however.

I found this comment:
http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~dfischer/manual/manual_topic38.html#topic41

which says that I have to do a bunch of manual file moving/renaming. Is
that right? Really? There must be a better way, surely?

Please let me know if I'm missing something, or if there is a better way
to get started with Boost under MinGW/MSYS.

Cheers
JP