From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 22:16:04

John Pye wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there such a thing as a binary for Boost under MinGW? As far as I can
> tell, the correct way to get started with Boost on MinGW is to download
> the .EXE installer, unpack to c:\Boost, then run
>
> bjam "-sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=c:\MinGW" "-sTOOLS=mingw" install
>
> I found that this didn't install the libraries where I expected, however.

Where did it install them to? And where did you expect them?

> I found this comment:
> http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~dfischer/manual/manual_topic38.html#topic41
>
> which says that I have to do a bunch of manual file moving/renaming. Is
> that right? Really? There must be a better way, surely?

That document is wrong in the general case (it may be some strange
requirement of that alwis project). There should be no need to rename,
relocate, or otherwise post process the libraries generated from the
regular Boost build.

> Please let me know if I'm missing something, or if there is a better way
> to get started with Boost under MinGW/MSYS.

Is there something is specific that isn't working for you? Any errors?
Did you add the "c:\Boost\lib" dir to your library search path?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything