From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-11 12:56:13

eg wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Thomas Witt wrote:

>>> Unfortunately not. We are past the point for code changes. Apart from
>>> that I would need a patch for RC_1_34_0
>>
>> Maybe, you should file a bug somewhere, so that it's not forgotten for
>> 1.34.1?
>>
>> - Volodya
>
> Just curious:
> Is there something amiss with the process when a fix that was in the
> releas for 1_33_1 (from september 2005) doesn't get into 1_34_0?

The process is to apply fix to HEAD and then merge to branch. I guess
just human error was involved -- somebody applied fix to RC_1_33_1 only.

> There is another thing I don't quite understand. You are asking that a
> bug be filed somewhere.

For avoidance of doubt, that question was addressed to Thomas.

> However when you look at
> http://boost.org/more/bugs.htm it recommends reporting it to this list.
> As far as I can tell this has now been done twice in the last few days
> in this list.

Which makes it likely that this bug will fall though the cracks again,
that's why filing in in a bug tracker is good idea at this point.

> Is there some different procedure of format for reporting bugs that is
> documented elsewhere?

I think bugs.htm may be not telling enough about using tracker, but I
don't know who's to change that.

- Volodya