From: JD (jean.daniel.michaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-11 14:46:53

Christopher Kohlhoff wrote:
> JD <jean.daniel.michaud <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> It seems that the example has not been updated accordingly: still use !err.
>
> No, it's correct. That particular use of asio::error has been replaced with
> boost::system::error_code, and that class supports operator!.

Ok, I was mixing version of asio and didn't notice the changes between
the two example files.

>> Well IPV6_UNICAST_HOPS is defined in my ws2tcpip.h. I'm using WinXP SP1
>> SDK. And my include path is pretty simple: boost only...
>
> Unfortunately I can't tell what's going on from here, but it really looks to me
> like it's picking up an old ws2tcpip.h header from somewhere else. Asio includes
> that header from asio/detail/socket_types.hpp.

There is two versions of this file on my system and the other one (part
of cygwin) in definitely not included in my path. Moreover I was
compiling the example using the Jamfile provided so... I'll dig this if
  I have some time and keep you posted if I found out what's going on.

Thanks for your precious help.

JD