From: Ingo Nolden (nuttygraphics_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-16 16:27:12

Thank you for your answer,

I understand now. I saw the code, that would use the name. But I
couldn't see why it was not invoked.
My actual intent is to use boost::serialization in a very special
way. I am going to write a xml_archive replacement, that will enable
me to read nearly arbitrary xml. My first plan was to write an own
serialization. After looking into boost::serialization I thought it
wouldn't be clever to not use as much of this great code as possible.
I especially appreciate that the serialize function does not need to
be virtual, and therefore can accept a non polymorphic archive. It
seems there is a great level of savvy gone into that part.

An alternative for me would be to use an xml-parser directly. But
that would not give me the option to model the xml by means of c++ classes.

Maybe somebody knows a library or some building blocks that may take
me a step closer to my goal?

Ingo