From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-22 04:54:03

Lawrence Spector wrote:
> Any ideas? I think they're related to ICU. I downloaded ICU 3.6 (the
> latest). However, I am using this with VS2005, which was "rarely
> tested" according to the website. Still, after converting the ICU
> project to VS2005 and building, I had no build errors, but I do get
> these link errors with boost, which all seem to be ICU-related. See
> below:

Seems to work for me, modulo the fact that the ICU dll's seem not to get
created by the VC project files for ICU: the .lib files work fine though.
The only difference I see from your build is at the start where I see:

Building Boost.Regex with Unicode/ICU support enabled
Using ICU in C:\download\open\icu_3_6\icu/include
WARNING: ICU shared common library not found in path.
HINT: If the regex library fails to link then try again
with the environment variable ICU_LINK set to contain
the linker options required to link to ICU.
Defaulting to look for libicuuc ...

The warning about not finding icuuc is a bug in the Jamfile: but it's
harmless, and the regex library goes on to build and link OK.

I don't suppose you're building a 64-bit version of Boost and have 32-bit
ICU libraries or something are you? Just a wild thought...

HTH, John.