From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-22 13:12:37

Lawrence Spector wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I'm building all 32-bit. The log I sent
> didn't echo the command I used to build. It was this:
>
> bjam -sICU_PATH=%ICU_PATH --toolset=msvc stage
>
> I have the environment variables ICU_PATH, BOOST_ROOT and PYTHON_ROOT
> set. I also tried setting ICU_LINK before I built the last time but
> it didn't seem to change anything. Any other build options that you
> recommend trying?

Not really :-(

Can you build applications that link to ICU at all? Also remember that the
ICU support is optional, you can build regex perfectly well without it, but
of course that doesn't help if you need to use u32regex.

So I guess my suggestions would be:

1) Double check that ICU built OK (it didn't for me with VC8), and that you
have the expected dll's and lib's (icuuc.dll icuin.dll etc).
2) Check that you can build a simple program that uses ICU - there should be
some examples that ship with that library you could try.
3) Try running bjam with the -d2 option so you can see what the command
lines are.

If those don't suggest something then I'm stuck, sorry :-(

HTH, John.