From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-22 13:29:33

Eric Niebler <eric <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:

> gast128 wrote:
> > > Is this possible with xpressive? Boost.Regex didn't seem to support it
> > according to a previous post.
>
> Xpressive can be used with non-char data so long as the data is
> sufficiently char-like. And string is not sufficiently char-like. You
> can see the requirements on the character type here:
>
> http://boost-
sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/xpressive/doc/html/boost_xpressive/user_s_guide/co
ncepts.html

> It wouldn't be too hard to loosen xpressive's Char concept to handle
> this case, but this is the first time someone has asked for it.

Ok thx.

I guess then I have to write a simple regular expression engine myself.
Basically we need it for (and, or, wildcard, sequence) pattern search between
transitions of not mutual exclusive states. The object can be in multiple
states at the same time. Therefore I need a character type which can represent
multiple states at the same time (for example thus a string).

I therefore thought to misuse a regular expression engine. The sequence to be
searched for could be "a.+(b|c)" (go from a via anything to state b or c). The
object could be in a sequence state "a -> d -> (a&&b)".

wkr,
me