From: Constantin Bryzgalin (constb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-25 15:27:14

Hello,

>> Is there a reason to not use boost types with Loki Functors?

> I'm a little leery of, for example, mixing storage and locking policies. Do
> I really want 2 sets of smart pointer & lock templates in my code?

Your code will contain only those you instantiate. :) In my code I have 4 of them (from MS ATL, Loki, boost and POCO) but that doesn't mean I use them all at the same time. boost::shared_ptr and std::auto_ptr most of the time actually.

Despite differencies all of them serve their purpose quite well so you'd better use one you're used to (if there's no 'special' requirements). And of course rewriting a lot of code just because you're replacing some miscelaneous class is not a very good idea. :)

--
Constantin Bryzgalin
http://www.oneclicktools.com