From: Scott Ribe (scott_ribe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-25 12:11:30

> Well, last version of Loki (0.1.6) includes 'Function' that 'Allows a
> boost/TR1 like usage of Functor'. It's pretty close to what you may expect
> from boost.function.

Well, hey! Looks like I gave up and decided the Loki project had died off
just before you guys started issuing updates. (I think I'm using a
patched-up 0.0.3.)

> It's already in Loki. You just have to define LOKI_ENABLE_FUNCTION. This adds
> bool empty() and void clear() to a Functor and bad_function_call exception.

I'll have to check out the new stuff, ASAP.

> Is there a reason to not use boost types with Loki Functors?

I'm a little leery of, for example, mixing storage and locking policies. Do
I really want 2 sets of smart pointer & lock templates in my code?

And, although I see now that Loki is once again moving forward with regular
updates (and has been for almost 2 years), I might still prefer Boost,
because it provides a much broader set of libraries. Some of the recent
updates to Loki (weak smart ptrs) may well fill my need for the immediate
next step I want to take, but I'm also trying to look farther ahead...

I've got 0.1.6 and will read through all the release notes.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe_at_[hidden]