From: Rob Agar (robagar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-27 19:11:20

Rene Rivera wrote:
> It's trying to use the static lib instead of the dynamic one. The usual
> cause of this is that you are using the static C++ runtime instead of
> the dynamic one. Check your project settings.

Nope, definitely using the multithreaded dll runtime (as intended).
Perhaps this is a bug in the auto linker on windows?

> Well I can't point you at the docs explaining this as we had them... All
> I can point now is
> <http://www.boost.org/libs/config/config.htm#user_settable>. And scroll
> down to the *DYN_LINK and *NO_LIB settings.

Thanks, #define BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DYN_LINK does the trick.

But given the fundamental nature of the problem, it seems to me that
this page needs to be rather more prominent than it is. The link to it
on the boost site is lost in the list of libraries. And it's marked
"not intended for library users". Not helpful.

> AFAIK doing the regular Boost compile produces the static libraries.

I'm using the compiled binaries downloaded from
http://www.boost-consulting.com/products/free, which only includes
dynamically linked versions. I don't remember choosing between static
and dynamic linking when installing it.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help Rene.

Rob