From: Markus Bernhardt (Markus.Bernhardt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 03:55:01

Am Mi 06.06.2007 08:21 schrieb Zeljko Vrba <zvrba_at_[hidden]>:

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 02:46:14AM +0200, Markus Bernhardt wrote:
> >
> > I get the following warnings when using a
> > boost::thread_specific_ptr<unsigned int> and compiling with Sun
> > Studio
> > 11 (with latest patches) or Sun Studio 12 on Solaris x86.
> >
> > Warning: Could not find source for
> > boost::type_traits::ice_not<0>::value.
> >
> As far as I understood from the Solaris docs, this warning is
> harmless.
> The SunCC compiler has a "smart" template-compilation model which
> allows
> you to only DECLARE template classes in X.h, and the compiler will
> automatically look for definitions in X.cc. If X.cc does not exist,
> it emits the warning.

Sorry, thats new to me. It does not happen anywhere else with my own
templates. Also I'm not completely sure this is really harmless. My code
works with 1.32.0 (+ Solaris patches) and with 1.34.0 [assign] list_of
does not work any more. The two warnings are the only thing the compiler
complains about. My wild (stupid??) guess was, this is related.

I will debug the problem in detail and post my results.